[HanCinema's Box Office Review] 2013.06.28 ~ 2013.06.30 2013/07/01,
Marc Forster's "World War Z" continues its reign at the top of the Korean box office. Forster's post-apocalyptic horror cleared 933,807 (46%) admissions during its second weekend appearance, giving Brad Pitt's latest 3.1M admissions to take to the bank. The film cost $190M to produce and has already comfortably grossed $259M worldwide ($124M of which came from its own U.S. screenings). Last week the film easily dislodged Jang Cheol-soo's "Secretly and Greatly" at the top, pulling in over 800,000 tickets more than Jang's highly successful second feature. This week the Korean showing was a little limp, with only "Secretly and Greatly" and Kim Yong-gyoon's "Killer Toon" making the grade.
Summertime is horror time in Korea, and with that comes Kim's new film "Killer Toon" starring Lee Si-yeong, Eom Gi-joon and Kim Hyeon-woo. The film opened its account with 390,729 (18.6%) admissions and follows the webcomic creator Ji-yoon (played by Lee Si-yeong),...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.