[HanCinema's Film Review] "Mapado 2" + DVD Giveaway 2016/12/03,
Choong-soo (played by Lee Moon-sik), always on the lookout for a big pay-off, takes on a job to locate the first love of the dying Chairman Park (played by Joo Hyeon). As it happens, this mystery woman is located in the same general area as the foul-mouthed grannies from the first "Mapado" movie. And so "Mapado 2" begins, less with a promise of actually getting to the story and more rehashing the same jokes which made the first "Mapado" such a fan favorite,...More
A comic clash between 2 men and 5 elderly women 2005/03/12, Source, Comedy is one of the most favored genres in the Korean film industry. Moviegoers tend to favor slapstick, and though its intelligence level is often sub-zero, bigger and easier ticket sales bolstered by meaningless laughs and giggles are what producers and investors want.
"Are We That Bizarre on the Farm and on the Bed?" 2005/03/03, Source, "Mapado", or "The Island Named Mapa", slated for release on March 11, is quite a challenging film: the main characters in this movie, which purportedly targets an audience in their twenties, are middle-aged with nothing particular to enhance their appeal. They are Yeo Un-kye (aged 64),,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.