Kim, Park out to popularize 'gugak' 2011/08/12, Source,
Composer Kim Hyeong-seok, left, and musical director Kolleen Park pose in a poster for the 11th Jeonju International Sori Festival as the event's co-directors. / Courtesy of Jeonju International Sori Festival
Jeonju Sori Fest promises diversified programs under new leadership
By Lee Hyo-won
Korean traditional music, "gugak", is often considered an acquired taste, but composer Kim Hyeong-seok and musical director Kolleen Park have teamed up to popularize the overlooked genre,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.