Radio show sends pop songs to N. Korea 2012/08/05, Source,
Kwak Young-il, center in the back row, host of Pops Freedom, and guests pose for a photo after a recording on July 24 at KBS studio. To his left is Han Ok-jung, who left North Korea nine years ago. With a guitar is Kang In-bong, and the others are KBS voice actors. Korea Times photo by Kim Se-jeong
A South Korean radio music show has a mission of using English pop songs to deliver the message of freedom to North Koreans. "Our target audience is people inside North Korea", Ohh Soon-wha, producer of "Pops Freedom" on the state broadcaster KBS, told The Korea Times, Tuesday. "We're trying to spread the value of freedom through music".,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.