[HanCinema's Actor Spotlight] Kwak Jeong-wook 2014/10/18, Kwak Jeong-wook may not be a name we readily recall because he isn't a well-known leading man, but he is definitely a staple of the Korean drama and film acting pool. The young actor has had steady work since childhood and the experience manifests in his latest work. He has a vast emotional vocabulary on screen that makes him able to move from scene-stealing to barely present in moments. When an actor rarely takes on leading roles, it can open him up to a variety of interesting and more unconventional roles, or it can limit him,...More
[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Drama Special - Pitch Black" 2014/06/01,
At first glance "Drama Special - Pitch Black" appears to be a pretty shamefaced attempt to gain dramatic capital by dealing with a tragic event and just having all it characters mope around in general despair. There's certainly enough of awkward stuff to attack it on those lines. The high school students are the worst of it, mainly because none of them look like high students.
It becomes clear over time, though, that the characters themselves are just as disappointed in this turn of events. There's nothing here that could be called fun, or anything that really lends itself to emotional catharsis,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.