[HanCinema's Film Talk] Class Warfare in "King of Pigs" 2013/07/06,
In 2011, some friends and I were lucky enough to catch Yeon Sang-ho's animation thriller "King of Pigs" (2011) at a rather lonely independent screening house in Seoul. At the time the film was receiving a lot of positive feedback from those critics and fans that caught it, and since then it's become somewhat of a cult classic among animation cinephiles.
The film made its world premiere at the 2011 Busan International Film Festival (BIFF), and it was the first Korean animation to be invited to the Cannes Film Festival. Unfortunately the film fell short of breaking even at the local box office (selling just 19,366 tickets), but Yeon's macabre masterpiece was perhaps never really destined for a box office Miracle,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.