Tears worth shedding for 'Mama' 2011/05/26, Source,
Actors Lee Hyeong-seok, left, and Uhm Jung-hwa star in a scene from the family drama "Mama", which opens in theaters on June 2. / Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment
By Lee Hyo-won
Ahead of summer vacation, syrupy dramas and animations are on a roll, determined to squeeze tears from family audiences or make them laugh. Among upcoming works is "Mama", and it was not without some cynicism that this reporter sat down for what was obviously going to be a tearjerker designed to manipulate certain reactions from viewers,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.