Born in Gimhae in 1956. Studied theology at Hanshin University and became a filmmaker since 1993 with his first short "For Rosa". Since a short film "De-Pure Land" (1996) and his first feature "Yellow Flower" (1998) were invited to Busan, he directed more than 10 independant features invited to international film festivlas. "The Battle of Gwangju" (2015) is his commercial debut.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.