Yeonghwa: Korean Film Today at the MoMA 2011/09/16, Source, Yeonghwa: Korean Film Today will start on Sept. 22 and last through Oct. 2.
This year, we are pleased to welcome back Lim Soon-rye, South Korea's most highly regarded female filmmaker, to The Korea Society for the Opening Night's screening of "Rolling Home with a Bull" (2010), which follows a young man's forlorn life as a failed poet and unemployed bachelor who winds up taking an unexpected journey throughout the country with his father's cvherished bull and making a series of peculiar run-ins.
This year's Yeonghwa series will also have a special focus on director Jeon Kyu-hwan, whose Town Trilogy films--"Mozart Town" (2008), "Animal Town" (2009) and "Dance Town" (2010)-examines various human lives that exist in Seoul's urban landscape, including those of an African laborer, a Russian exchange student, a reformed pedophile, a North Korean defector, and a dejected print-shop owner. Jeon's Town Trilogy critiques the "town" of Seoul from a sociological auteur's perspective,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.