Born in 1957 and graduated from Seoul Institute of the Arts. His debut film in 1988 brought fresh breeze to the Korean film industry. LEE Myung-Se is acclaimed as a stylist representative of Korea who has established a unique world of his own. The thing he considers most important in making a film is finding “cinematic expression.” To him, ‘cinematic’ means something ‘only of movies’ that cannot be replaced by any other form of media.
Korean Indie Flick Sweeps Awards at French Film Festival 2014/03/12, Source,
Director Lee Su-jin hoists his trophy after receiving the jury prize award at the Deauville Asian Film Festival in France on Monday. /Courtesy of Movie Collage
Director Lee Su-jin's "Han Gong-ju" picked up three prestigious prizes at the recently ended Deauville Asian Film Festival in France.
It won the jury prize, popular choice and international critique awards at the event, which ran from Wednesday to Sunday, the film's distributor Movie Collage said on Monday,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.