[Guest Review] "Norigae" 2014/01/10,
Although sort of an open secret, sex bribes within the South Korean entertainment industry have more recently become an indictment, not just on the industry as a whole, but on South Korea's treatment of women in general, particularly those in showbiz. How entertainment, and the desire for fame by the young, are unconsciously entwined with the power structures of big business and politics still seems, at least from a non-Korean perspective, to be a last vestige of one the misuses of Confucian morality. However, little seems to have changed for women's rights with the exposure of the issue, with sex scandals and first hand accounts of abuse popping up constantly,...More
[HanCinema's Box Office Review] 2013.04.19 ~ 2013.04.21 2013/04/22,
The science fiction action flick "Oblivion" managed to hold onto first place in what was one of the year's quietest weekends at the box office. Tom Cruise's latest held down first with only 367,022 (30%), the lowest admissions count for first this year. Tom Cruise is a popular figure in Korea and, despite some close competition from Kang Woo-seok's "Fist of Legend", his latest representation was able to cling onto gold. "Oblivion" had 563 screens around the country from which to pool admissions from, and this past weekend saw it advance its total tally to 1,204,448,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.