[HanCinema's Hall of Fame] "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" 2013/11/16, In the Spotlight this Week: "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" by Park Chan-wook
Revenge is a deeply personal affliction, a stubborn demon that relentlessly haunts and hinders until it is suitably exorcised from our fleshly casings. Usually such a drive has just one corrupted driver, a single soul who sets out to rebalance the scales against those who infected their world. In Park Chan-wook's award-winning "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" (2005), that model of revenge was given an edgy feminine salting as Park mused over mob justice in the most intimate fashion imaginable. The film forms the final bloody act in Park's, critically acclaimed and labelled, 'Vengeance Trilogy'. It's a gut-wrenching cinematic series of revengeful events that pushed the boundaries of the thriller genre – the unofficial pirate ship of modern Korean cinema,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.