[HanCinema's Film Review] "In Love and the War": Cross-border Love and an Elephant. 2011/11/19,
I remember looking at the film poster for "Hello Ghost" and seeing the stamp on it that read: "2010 Happy Comedy". A comedy is was, but it was also a deeply saddening tale that tickled the tear ducts. Happy tears, for sure, but it was not the emotion I was expecting to feel. Having had that experience, I now view Korean film posters with a pinch of salt in terms of how accurately they capture a film's emotive essence. "In Love and War" looks to be all cheers and chuckles but the filmmakers are definitely aiming for a specific emotional reaction from their audience outside of the it's silliness and comedic posturing,...More
[HanCinema's Film Review] Korean Weekend Box Office (2011.04.29-2011.05.01) 2011/05/02, Source, Korean Weekend Box Office (2011.04.29~2011.05.01)
It is no surprise that Kenneth Branagh's long anticipated "Thor" stands strong at number one this week. Based on the popular Marvel comic character, this American superhero film finally makes its way to the big screen with 543,075 admissions in its opening week. Children's Day is coming up this week in Korea and you can expect "Thor" and "Fast Five" to continue their success at the top.,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.