[HanCinema's Film Review] "Tinker Ticker" 2015/04/04,
Why do terrorists exist? Something often lost in discussions about terrorism is that the people who carry out these acts generally aren't crude fundamentalists. Most of them actually have fairly good educations, and have been exposed to modern Western ideals on modern Western terms. So it is with Jeong-goo (played by Byeon Yo-han) and Hyo-min (played by Park Jeong-min-I). These young men make and detonate bombs as a protest against modern culture. The perverse part of it is, they hate modernity precisely because they understand that it's terrible based on direct personal experience. That experience being office work,...More
[HanCinema's Film Review] "Heartbreak Hotel" 2015/03/14,
One of the more uncomfortable parts of Korean culture for me is the way it tends to fetishize how Wonderful Life would be if people could just go to America. I'm not sure what many Korean people think American life is actually like, but we tend to treat each other like garbage, and the immigrants even worse than that. So it goes for John (played by Kang Ji-hwan). He's a young Korean man living in America who looks and acts, well, kind of like a petty low-class bum. His only really selling point is youth, and even that's not going to stick around for much longer,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.