'Top Stars' Discuss Switch Over to Directing at BIFF 2013/10/07, Source, Ha Jeong-woo (left) and Park Joong-hoon
Two Korean actors made their directorial debuts at the 18th Busan International Film Festival, which opened last Thursday -- Park Joong-hoon with "Top Star" and Ha Jeong-woo with "Fasten Your Seatbelt". At an open talk session for his film held at Haeundae Beach in the southern port city on Saturday, Park said, "I've been an actor for 28 years, having started out at the age of 20. In that time I received a lot of love and attention from movie fans, and I suppose in a way it made me more of a narcissist". He added that he has seen many actors lose their way and turn into different people after starting to believe their own hype, which is an issue he wanted to deal with in his first film as director,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.