Interview with director Lim Woo-seong 2011/09/23, Source,
Up-and-coming Korean director Lim Woo-seong, whose "Scars" is screening in the San Sebastian International Film Festival Zabaltegi-New Directors Section, speaks to Cine21's SHIN Dooyoung about his work. This is an excerpt from the full story which will be published in the October issue of Korean Cinema Today.
Director Lim Woo-seong, who adapted "Vegetarian" from HAN Gang's novel of the same title, has once has once again made a film from a novel by Han. His second film "Scars" is based on from Han Gang's short story collection "Fruit of My Woman". The film talks of the complicated married relationship between Sang-hyeop, a perfectionist newscaster and Sun-hee, a children's book illustrator. Like "Vegetarian", "Scars" is true to the images from the novel, describing the characters' psychology in detail,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.