[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Snowy Road" Episode 2 2015/03/01,
We find out here that the ultimate point of "Snowy Road" was for Jong-boon to give Eun-soo the strength to move forward by reliving her own awful experience at the camps. In many ways the situation was so horrific as to be inexplicable, and Eun-soo raises an excellent question. Why should Jong-boon feel ashamed about what happened, when the whole situation was the fault of the Japanese? Jong-boon's dry replies soon demonstrate that Eun-soo was missing the point. The shame, and the cure for the shame, lies less in Jong-boon's situation as it does the nature of the human condition,...More
[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Snowy Road" Episode 1 2015/02/28,
Jong-boon (played by Kim Hyang-ki) is a young girl who idolizes Yeong-ae (played by Kim Sae-ron). Yeong-ae's not only pretty, she even gets to go to school and earn very impressive marks. In the year 1944. Which means that Yeong-ae is an implicit collaborator in the Japanese regime. Not that this ends up doing her a whole lot of good. Soon both Jong-boon and Yeong-ae are conscripted into directly helping the war effort. Yes, this is going in exactly the direction you're thinking,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.