[HanCinema's Film Review] "Alice in Earnestland" 2015/08/29,
The rather arresting poster for "Alice In Earnestland" features lead character Soo-nam (played by Lee Jeong-hyeon) wearing a classic Alice-style pinafore holding a mop with the yarns coated in red while smiling in the midst of an ominous looking flower patch. Neither the pinafore, nor the mop, nor the flowers make any on-screen appearance comparable to the aplomb we see on the theatrical poster. This is a bit of a disappointment- the image suggests a film of intriguing weirdness. Whereas in actuality "Alice In Earnestland" is just a film of confusing weirdness,...More
[HanCinema's Film News] New Korean Films Inbound... 2014/08/30, K-Films Coming Soon:
★★★★ "My Brilliant Life": A young couple struggle with their son who has Progeria syndrome, a rare genetic defect that causes him to age rapidly. (09/03)
★★★★ "Tazza: The Hidden Card": A skilled player enters the underground gambling world and puts his life at stake.. (09/03)
★★★★★ "Hill of Freedom": A Japanese man arrives in Korea to find his old lover. While he stays at a guesthouse, he encounters various people. (09/04)
★★★★★ "Golden Chariot in the Sky": Ppong-Ddol dreams of joining a band and gets inspired to start neighbourhood band that's in need of money.. (09/04),...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.