[Guest Review] Tumbleweed 2014/02/28, Source,
In "Tumbleweed", Chang-su (Im Chang-jeong) is the fall guy for a local gang's boss, willing to cop short-term gaol terms in exchange for sums of money he couldn't earn otherwise or through legal means. This might sound like an undesirable lifestyle for most but Chang-su is quite content with his lot, having no dreams or plans for any future career outside of his next imprisonment. Recently returned from his latest stint, he witnesses, by chance, a lover's quarrel that spills out onto the street in front of him,...More
[HanCinema's Box Office Review] 2013.11.29 - 2013.12.01 2013/12/02,
It's not too often that a Korean sci-fi is able to come out ahead, and although Kim Hyeon-seok's "11 AM" did so with the second lowest first-place total this year, it was still able to topple some big events in the process. "11 AM" claimed 377,165 (21.3%) over 512 screens to outplay last week's number one – Kwak Gyeong-taek's "Friends 2" – as well as the not-so-hot "Hunger Games" sequel "Catching Fire". Times are tough at the moment at the Korean box office, and so while the world (the U.S. in particular) is burning up over the Susan Collins's second novel adaptation, the hermit kingdom has withdrawn and spread it limited wealth over just a few worthy features,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.