Born in 1972 in Seoul. After graduating from the Seoul Institute of the Arts, SONG continued his studies at the Polish National Film School in Lodz. His short films won various international awards including a Grand Jury Prize at the 1999 Cannes Film Festival's short film competition for "The Picnic." His feature debut < Flower Island > also won the Best First Film award at the 58th Venice Film Festival in 2001, and the top awards at the Pusan International Film Festival and Tokyo FILMeX.
Busan promises more cinematic fun 2011/09/15, Source,
The Busan Film Center, the newly constructed main venue of the 16th Busan (formerly Pusan) International Film Festival (BIFF), opens Sept. 28. Asia's largest cinema showcase opens from Oct. 6 to 14 in the southern port city. (Yonhap)
Festival finds new niche at Busan Film Center
Standing tall and wide, and at an odd angle like an upside pyramid, the Busan Film Center in Haeundae Centum City is hard to miss,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.