Born in Gochang, Jeollabuk-do, in 1963. YOO graduated from the Dept. of English Literature at Se-jong University and then studied at the Dept. of Film and Digital Media at Dongguk University. Originally a poet, in 1988 he won an award for newcomers from Moon-ye-joong-ang literary magazine. YOO also won the KIM Soo-young Literature Award in 1996. YOO debuted as a director with a film based on his own collection of poems We Must Go to Apgujung-dong on Windy Days in 1993.
[HanCinema's Film Review] "Gangnam Blues" 2015/02/14,
It's the seventies, and South Korea is well into an ambitious jobs program. First, bulldoze anything that doesn't look like a modern building and come up with skeevy business deals to build something respectable instead. Next, recruit the homeless people created by this process into either the police, the military or the mob. It doesn't really matter which- they're all pretty much the same really. Oh, you don't think that's such a good idea? Well shut your pie hole we have the guns. Now take this wooden plank and go beat up those democracy activists,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.