Born in Gochang, Jeollabuk-do, in 1963. YOO graduated from the Dept. of English Literature at Se-jong University and then studied at the Dept. of Film and Digital Media at Dongguk University. Originally a poet, in 1988 he won an award for newcomers from Moon-ye-joong-ang literary magazine. YOO also won the KIM Soo-young Literature Award in 1996. YOO debuted as a director with a film based on his own collection of poems We Must Go to Apgujung-dong on Windy Days in 1993.
Song reprises detective role in 'Howling' 2012/01/12, Source,
A scene from Yoo Ha's serial murder story "Howling", which opens in theaters on Feb. 9
By Lee Hyo-won
Song Kang-ho will return with "Howling" as a detective, one of his signature roles that marked his breakthrough in Bong Joon-ho's "Memories of Murder". The actor says that he has brought a more mature characterization to the upcoming film.
"Male actors are often cast as detectives and gangsters, and I don't try to stay away from these parts. But it's already been eight years since Memories of Murder, and my character in Howling is a bit more humane and sensitive. I think in that sense he is someone with more depth and wisdom", Song told reporters Tuesday in Seoul during a promotional event for the film,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.