Directed by Jang Tae-yoo (장태유)SBS | Airing dates : 2011/10/05~2011/12/21
24 episodes - Wed, Thu 21:55
A high-budget historical thriller with an unusual concept, "Deep-rooted Tree" stars Jang Hyeok as a brilliant Joseon-era investigator. Kang Chae-yoon is an ordinary guard in the imperial palace during the reign of King Sejong. The King has a vision to create a written language for Korea, and has worked with scholars to create the first Korean alphabet. In this project he is helped by So Yi, a beautiful, mute lady of the court. When palace scholars begin getting murdered seven days before the release of the official hangul (alphabet), Chae-yoon takes it upon himself to investigate. He begins to uncover a vast, labyrinthine conspiracy behind the serial killings, which leads him to a group of shadowy, powerful men who seek control of Korea's fate. As Chae-yoon inches closer to the truth, he discovers how far the roots of their powers extend, and finds his own life in danger. Based on a bestselling novel by Lee Jeong-myeong, "Deep-rooted Tree" is a tense, finely-crafted series, laced with mystery and romance.
DVD (US - English Subtitled)
DVD (SG - Ch Tr, English Subtitled)
DVD 9-Disc (English Subtitled) (Director's Cut) (First Press Limited Edition)
DVD (MY - Ch Tr, My, English Subtitled)
|Sidus HQ (싸이더스HQ)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.