Directed by Park Chan-hong (박찬홍)
Screenplay by Kim Jee-woo (김지우)jTBC | Airing dates : 2011/12/07~2012/02/23
24 episodes - Wed, Thu 21:00
Also known as "Kimchi Family"
In the vein of shows like "Gourmet" and "Pasta", "Fermented Family" is a deliciously simmering blend of food and romance. Song Il-gook ("Land of wind") and recently popular star Park Jin-hee ("Giant") lead this family tale of two bickering restaurateurs who fall in love against the backdrop of a beautiful and traditional Korean restaurant. Lee Kang San is a high-maintenance restaurant owner who strives to make her restaurant perfect in every way. Ki Ho Tae is her part-time employee, a hot-tempered character who constantly clashes with Kang San. A rag-tag group of quirky people frequent the restaurant, drawn to its good food and atmosphere, and Ho Tae and Kang San, in their quest to make the restaurant a happy place that feels like family for customers, may find happiness and family in each other.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
DVD (TW - Ch Tr Subtitled)
DVD (10-Disc) (English Subtitled)
DVD (MY - Ch Tr, My, English Subtitled)
DVD (SG - Ch Tr, English Subtitled)
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
*** Giveaways ***
Drama of the week