Screenplay by Park Hyeon-joo (박현주)SBS | Airing dates : 2007/06/23~2008/02/3
On the street of Ho Chi Minh, two people stand out in the crowd, Han-sook (Mi Sook Kim), and her sister-in-law, Gunja, who have come to Vietnam to find a kind, naïve girl to marry Jun-woo. However, they can’t find anyone they like, and as they are about to give up, they are approached by Jin-ju who asks them to take her instead. Han-sook likes the fact that Jin-ju’s father is Korean, and decides to take Jin-ju as her daughter-in-law. However, Jin-ju, who is half-Korean half-Vietnamese, has decided to marry Jun-woo in order to find her birth father. A month later, Jin-ju, who pretends she’s Korean who grew up in Guam, comes to Seoul and marries Jun-woo. Jin-ju meets Jun-woo for the first time on the day of their wedding and falls in love with him. On their wedding night, Jun-woo tells Jin-ju that he cannot love anyone. Jin-ju is heartbroken but begs him to stay with her for at least two years until she gets a green card. Jun-woo agrees to this “contract-style” marriage under one condition: that they do not fall in love with each other…
|Olive Nine (올리브나인)|
|60 min •HD •16/9|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the Week