30 episodes - Sat, Sun 21:40
Also known as "The Great Merchant"
This drama is based on a real life figure Kim Man-deuk who was living in Jeju Island.
She goes through a lot of changes in her life; at first she becomes a Gisaeng but turned herself into a merchant, and then becomes one of the biggest philanthropists in Joseon Dynasty.
Man-deuk gets adopted by Granny at a young age. With great efforts, she becomes a Gisaeng who has outstanding talents in various areas. However, she gives up everything and runs away with her lover Jeong Hong-soo. She gets caught and sends to the transitory wards for epidemics for one year. When she came out from the wards, she starts to take care of the Gisaengs who are suffering from illness. Man-deuk goes into a business and restores the business ethics in Jeju. Meanwhile, Moon-sun, who used to be a friend of Man-deuk, feels a sense of inferiority and competes with Man-deuk’s business.
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.