Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
78 episodes - Sat. & Sun. 22:15
Alternative title : "Empress Cheon Chu", "Empress Cheonchoo"
The stereotypical view of womanhood on screen is changing.
Different from the past which used to show the passive and modest nature of female, recent dramas illustrate women with grand authority and active spirit. However, most of the historical dramas are still presenting the submissive images of female; woman as a subordinate who gives birth to children to carry on the family lineage, or a political tactician who takes part in conspiracies and causes internal wars in the palace.
Now we are talking about the empress who is incompatible from the previously known images of female in history. ‘The Iron Empress’ is the granddaughter of Wang Gun, the first emperor of Goryeo. She has inherited her grandfather´s vision as well as his Great Spirit. The empress fights against the enemies trying to collapse Goryeo, and called as ‘The Iron Empress’ who gets rid of her brother, son, and even her lover, for the good of the empire. During the Goryeo period, women had the firm statue and their power was high as that of men. Introducing the legendary heroine, ‘The Iron Empress’ would bring hopes and dreams to the women living in this era.
|60 min •35mm •16/9|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.