Directed by Ounie Lecomte (우니 르콩트)
Screenplay by Ounie Lecomte (우니 르콩트)92min | Release date in South Korea : 2009/10/29
"A Brand New Life" is a co-production between South Korea and France.
1975. Jinhee is 9. Her father entrusts her to a convent of Catholic nuns that houses an orphanage for girls in the hope that she will be adopted. She cannot believe that this father whom she loves so much has abandoned her. She attempts to run away. In vain, she finally ac- cepts her fate, forced to hope and wait for her possible adoption.
Jinhee’s time at the orphanage will be one of multiple and permanent separations, of barely forged bonds destined to be shattered. And, at the journey’s end, there will be the promise, perhaps of a new life, of a brand new life.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|92 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85) •Dolby SRD|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016Movies Nominees Most Popular Actor in a Movie Most Popular Actor in a Drama
Drama of the week