Directed by Ounie Lecomte (우니 르콩트)
Screenplay by Ounie Lecomte (우니 르콩트)92min | Release date in South Korea : 2009/10/29
"A Brand New Life" is a co-production between South Korea and France.
1975. Jinhee is 9. Her father entrusts her to a convent of Catholic nuns that houses an orphanage for girls in the hope that she will be adopted. She cannot believe that this father whom she loves so much has abandoned her. She attempts to run away. In vain, she finally ac- cepts her fate, forced to hope and wait for her possible adoption.
Jinhee’s time at the orphanage will be one of multiple and permanent separations, of barely forged bonds destined to be shattered. And, at the journey’s end, there will be the promise, perhaps of a new life, of a brand new life.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|92 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85) •Dolby SRD|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.