Directed by Kim Ki-duk (김기덕)
Screenplay by Kim Ki-duk (김기덕)117min | Release date in South Korea : 2001/06/02
A single mother writes unanswered letters to an American soldier, the absent father of her child. Her son, the mixed-race Chang-Guk, is tainted by the violence and revulsion he faces every day. His bitter experiences give him the only language he knows to express his love for his mother. A wounded girl, a shy boy and a lonely young American soldier are intertwined in relationships of love and pain, and for their parents the legacy of the Korean War is still a daily fact of life. They all live under the shadow of the U.S. military forces stationed in South Korea and none of them can escape the inevitable tragedy of their condition. The film is a story of violent innocence and brutal love, committed by good people mired in the poisonous legacy of war.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|Kim Ki-duk Film (김기덕필름), LJ Film (LJ 필름)|
|Tube Entertainment (튜브 엔터테인먼트)|
|117 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
- On the set video
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
*** Giveaways ***