Directed by Kim Tae-gyoon (김태균)121min | Release date in South Korea : 2010/06/24
"Barefoot Dream" is a co-production between South Korea and Japan
Also known as "Higanjima"
A former soccer player who left Korea after failing in business and children from East Timor who didn't even have soccer shoes win the International Youth Soccer Championship. This movie is based on the true story of Coach Kim Sin-hwan, who was East Timor's 'Hiddink.' Everyone looks forward to Director Kim Tae-gyoon ("Temptation of Wolves" and "Crossing") who is known for his sensitivity and cinematography and Park Hee-soon, a rising star.
Wonkang, a former soccer prospect whose life didnít turn out quite promising. He heads to East Timor thinking that there would be plenty of opportunities for him. One day, he sees the street kids playing ball with bare feet. Thinking he can score by selling soccer shoes, he opens a sports equipment store, but realizes none of the kids can afford those fancy shoes or jerseys. Again, despaired, he is about to close up the store. Then, he decides to teach the kids how to play ball.
On the set video
Park Hee-soon's Character
English Very Well~ Trailer
Lee Young-pyo Sponsorship
|121 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week