Directed by Kim Dae-seung (김대승)119min | Release date in South Korea : 2005/05/04
It is the 19th century Chosun dynasty, an era of loathing and vengeance towards Catholics. A transport ship carrying paper to the palace burns into ashes, and investigator Won-kyu is sent to the scene. Brutal murders follow suit, which are traced back to a curse by a Christian who had his whole family beheaded seven years previously. The climax builds to an unexpected ending…
International Film Festivals
2006 Brisbane International Film Festival , , Netpac Award
2006 Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival , Young Fantastic , Best Film
2006 Seattle International Film Festival , Contemporary World Cinema
2005 SSITGES International Film Festival of Catalonia, Orient Express - Casa Asia
2005 Vancouver International Film Festival , Dragons and Tigers
2005 Louis Vuitton Hawaii International Film Festival , Gala
2006 New York Asian Film Festival,
2006 FANTASY FILMFEST-International Festival for Science Fiction, Horror and Thriller, Focus Asia
2006 Paris Cinema , New Korean Cinemas
2006 Fantasia Film Festival
DVD (TW - English Subtitled)
DVD (US Version - En Sub) (En Sub)
DVD (MY - En, Ch Sub) (En Sub)
DVD LE (En Sub)
|Cinema Service (시네마서비스)|
|119 min •35mm •Cinemascope (2.35)|
- On the set video
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.