Directed by Kim Young-nam (김영남)
Screenplay by Aya Watanabe (渡邊あや)115min | Release date in South Korea : 2009/05/28
"Boat" is a coproduction between South Korea and Japan
It was formerly known as "House", alternative title : "No Boys, No Cry"
Hyung-gu, a young Korean, visits Japan by boat three or four times a month to help with middle-aged Bo-gyung’s smuggling business. It is always touru, a young Japanese man, who welcomes him there. Hyung-gu and touru sacrifice themselves for the sake of their families, money, and friendship. One day, Bo-gyung ordered them to kidnap a woman named Jisu and take her to Japan, and this changes their future in an unexpected way. Hyung-gu, having met touru, suddenly feels responsible for his family. Meanwhile, touru, who used to take care of everything, feels liberated after meeting Hyung-gu. In spite of the language border and the difference of surroundings, the two young men from Korea and Japan go through a piece of a blossom of youth together. through the use of a boat as a visual metaphor, this film raises the question of solitude of a man and communication among people.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|115 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.