Directed by Lee Woo-yeol (이우열)
Screenplay by Lee Woo-yeol (이우열)83min | Release date in South Korea : 2008/10/30
Mt. Nochu is in Jungsun County, Kangwon Province, halfway up the Taebaek Mountains. We arrive at the Noeul Village which is the background of the film. It is a calm village where the wide spread buckwheat fields beautifully surround the village. On their way home from school, Sang-gu and Min-hee see the village chief (Min-hee's father) talking with the strangers, who come to the village by cars, in the common yard. The residents there including the village chief have accepted the proposal that a company would build a training institute in the common yard. In order to keep the common yard where his deceased father's mural is, Sang-gu asks the village chief not to destroy it. It is impossible, however, for a mere child to change what has been decided by all the villagers. He gives up persuading the village chief and decides to make a film of the mural (his father's work) with an 8mm camera, his father's memento. Min-hee opens her piggy bank and Sang-gu leaves for Seoul with her money. Riding on a train, he asks her to protect the mural until he returns from Seoul and tells her he would bring her news about her Russian mother.
KOFIC Support Programs
2005 Art Film Production Support Program
|83 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.