Directed by Shin Hyeon-won (신현원)
Screenplay by Shin Hyeon-won (신현원)80min | Release date in South Korea : 2011/04/07
A 78-year old grandfather... dreams of the Himalayas.
The first medical missionary from the Severance.
A touching story about an old doctor and his wife who dream of 30 years in the wilds. "Calling 3: Himalayan Schweitzer"
During the Korean War, Kang Won-hee missionary flees from North Korea, experiences the misery of the war and goes to medical school.
Having being touched by Schweitzer’s biography, he goes to a doctor less village anytime he can and gives treatment and returns the love and favor of those missionaries and soldiers who passed during the war.
-The first medical missionary from Severance becomes the Schweitzer of the Himalayas.
He opens a hospital and gets many patients, making a lot of money but something inside him feels empty. Missionary Kang Won-hee wraps up the hospital and joins the road of a missionary. Himalayas, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ethiopia... and Himalayas again.
Looking at 30 years of wildness, missionary Kang Won-hee climbs the Himalayas again with his house call bag.
On the set video
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.