Directed by Heo Jin-ho (허진호)97min | Release date in South Korea : 1998/01/24
In a quiet corner of Seoul, Jung-won runs a small photo studio. A humble shack passed down from his widower father, the studio is a space where Jung-won goes about his daily routine of dealing with fussy customers, enlarging photos of class heartthrobs for the neighborhood kids and photographing pictures to place on funeral altars. For Jung-won, life seems to be a series of peaceful events, but in reality his time on earth is too limited for comfort. Barely in his mid-30's, but perhaps too aware of the meaning of death, Jung-won accepts his fate despite the subtle gestures of concern he gets from his old father and younger sister. Life goes on as usual until one day he meets Darim, an employee at the Traffic Control Division of the local district office. She is a regular customer at the studio who comes everyday to develop snapshots of parking violations. Somewhat bold attempts to capture his attention stir feelings of anticipation inside Jung-won. As his health gradually deteriorates, Jung-won is faced with the painful duty of bidding farewell to family, friends and to Darim.
Blu-ray (En Sub)
DVD (2-Disc) (HD Remastering) (En Sub)
Blu-ray (Lenticular Limited Edition) (En Sub)
Blu-ray (Normal Edition) (En Sub)
Blu-ray Limited Edition (En Sub)
DVD (En Sub)
DVD (HK) (En Sub)
|97 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
|Old message board
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week