Directed by Goo Soo-hwan (구수환)
Screenplay by Yoon Jeong-hwa (윤정화)90min | Release date in South Korea : 2010/09/09
Also known as "Don't Cry, Tonj"
Priest Lee Tae-seok, Korea's Schweitzer, sacrificed everything in Africa's Sudan. His last gift is the touching human documentary "Don't Cry for Me Sudan".
In February 2010, a small village called Tonj in south Sudan. A brass band of Tonj marches through the village. The boys in the front were holding the picture of a man, smiling. The villagers could not believe his death and cried for Tonj's father. They are the Dinka, and their lives have been stained with anger, hatred, poverty, and disease. They risk their lives to protect their families and livestock. They are strong, so their tears are worth more. But they are crying for priest Lee Tae-seok, who left this world at age 48. He was the father of Tonj, a doctor, a teacher, a conductor, and an architect. His sacrificial life comes to the screen.
His beautiful life will be shown to the world!
DVD (Normal Edition) (En Sub)
Musical DVD (En Sub)
DVD 2-Disc - Theatrical Edition (First Press Limited Edition) (En Sub)
DVD TV Version (No En Sub)
Morning Forum TV Show
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the week