Directed by Zhang Lu (장률 (張律))
Screenplay by Zhang Lu (장률 (張律))89min | Release date in South Korea : 2011/03/17
"Dooman River" is a coproduction between South Korea and France
Chang-ho lives on the China side, while Jeong-jin lives on the North Korea side. Because of the known reason, more and more North Korean refugees are trying to reach the outside world. Dooman River quite naturally, has become the first hurdle for the refugees to cross. Through an unexpected circumstances, Chang-ho and Jeong-jin met up, and have become good friends. Through the misunderstanding of each other, disbelief and vengeance, they have grown to appreciate friendship, sincerity and respect between each other. Dooman River has inherited a lot of pains and sacrifices, but the genuine relationship developed by Chang-ho and Jeong-jin has shed the light of hope for a better future.
Awards and Invitation
Paris Cinema (2010)
Singapore International Film Festival (2010)
Hong Kong International Film Festival (2010)
Berlin International Film Festival (2010) Youth Jury Generation 14plus
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016Movies Nominees Most Popular Actor in a Movie Most Popular Actor in a Drama