Directed by Jang Yoon-hyeon (장윤현)
Screenplay by Kim Eun-jeong (김은정)115min | Release date in South Korea : 2012/03/15
Also known as "Russian Coffee"
Toward the end of the 19th century, King Gojong (Park Hee-soon) of Korea’s Joseon Dynasty briefly sought refuge at the Russian consulate under the threat of foreign invasion. Here he fell in love with a drink that had yet to gain popularity in his homeland: coffee. Returning to the throne, he hires the beautiful Tanya (Kim So-yeon) as his personal barista. Tanya becomes involved in a dangerous social circle that involves not only the Russian sniper Ilyich (Joo Jin-mo) but also the mysterious socialite known as both BAE Jeong-ja and Sadako (Yoo Seon). With her intimate connection to the King, making a drink that could easily conceal poison, Tanya must decide if shewill become a pawn in the political battlefield of late 19th century Korea.
Poster Making Of
Behind the Scenes
|Naver Blog (네이버 블로그)|
|Official Facebook Page|
|Cinema Service (시네마서비스)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week