Directed by Kim Hye-jung (김혜정)79min | Release date in South Korea : 2013/04/18
This is the story of women who chose to be princes themselves rather than wait for their princes. During the 1950s, a type of Korean musical with an all-female cast called Female Gukgeuk enjoyed a golden age in Korea. Especially Female Gukgeuk set the hearts of many young girls on fire. Some fans loved their actors so ardently that sent bloody love letter, even committed suicide. And some girls ran away from home and followed Female Gukgeuk companies on the road.
Cho Geum-aeng, Hae-ri Kim, Park Mi-sook, Huh Sook-ja, Lee Ok-cheon are the girls who left home and became male-role actors. And they are, despite their old age, on stage to this day. Although Female Gukgeuk has gone down the path of decline, their enthusiasm for Female Gukgeuk has not faded yet.
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week