Directed by Choi Ho (최호)
Screenplay by Choi Ho (최호)118min | Release date in South Korea : 2008/10/02
The 1970s of Korea was the dark ages of military autocratic regime as well as an era of revolutionary upheaval of pop culture lead by energetic youth. After wandering the shabby clubs of a U.S. military campside town, singer Sang-kyu and a guitarist Man-sik forms a rock group ‘Devils’ with four other members. They enter a rock band contest and make a strong impression with their shocking yet amusing performance. Devils achieve stardom playing at a club called ‘Nirvana’. Mimi, a groupie who followed Devils from the town, also becomes an icon with her dance moves and fashion. However, their heydays don’t last long as they lose one of the members to a fire at the club. To make matters worse, clubs are faced to be shut down due to oppressive rule of military dictatorship, which will fundamentally take away their chances to sing. Despite all the despair, Sang-kyu plans another passionate concert for the Devils.
Blu-ray (Coffee Book) (First Press Limited Edition) (En Sub)
DVD 2-disc (En Sub)
DVD First Press Edition (En Sub)
|118 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week