Directed by Zhang Lu (장률 (張律))
Screenplay by Zhang Lu (장률 (張律))109min | Release date in South Korea : 2006/03/24
"Grain in Ear" is a coproduction betwen China and Korea.
Cui Shun-ji is a Chinese woman of Korean ancestry. A single mother bringing up a young son, she lives away from her hometown, and makes a living by selling kimchi. In the course of living her life, she meets three men who betray her. When her son dies in an accident, she decides to take revenge.
KOFIC Marketing Support for Art Films 2005
KOFIC Support for Subtitles, Translation and Print Production 2005
International Film Festivals
2005 58th Cannes Film Festival, International Critics'Week- ACID Award
41st Pesaro Film Festival, Concorso PNC - Pesaro New Cinema Award
10th Pusan International Film Festival, New Currents – The Best New Asian Filmmaker of the Year
24th Vancouver International Film Festival, Dragons and Tigers
41st Chicago International Film Festival, New Directors
46th Thessaloniki International Film Festival, International Competition
2006 12th Vesoul International Film Festival of Asian Cinema- Golden Cyclo Award
23rd Cinema Novo Film Festival – Karibu Award
|109 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week