Directed by Park Geon-yong (박건용)
Screenplay by Bae Se-yeong (배세영)135min | Release date in South Korea : 2011/04/27
Previously known as "Sleeping with the Enemy" on HanCinema
Marking the 61st anniversary of the outbreak of the Korean War, the film “In Love and the War” hopes to shed light on the war’s impact on innocent civilians.
Directed by Park Geon-yong, who made his directorial debut with “Bronze Medalist” in 2009, “In Love and War” was inspired by an anecdote about the screenwriter’s grandmother.
uring the Korean War, a group of North Korean soldiers stayed for a couple of days at the grandmother’s house and one young soldier, touched by the villagers’ hospitality, said he wanted to stay.
The movie follows this story line and adds another subplot about a star-crossed couple.
Kim Joo-hyeok is an officer of the North Korean People’s Army who arrives in a small town, where he meets Jeong Ryeo-won, a smart young woman who is loved and trusted by the townspeople. The couple strives to stay together, despite being on different sides of the war.
The townspeople, meanwhile, struggle to deal with the arrival of the North Koreans and eventually side with the soldiers in order to survive.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
On the set video
Kim Joo-hyeok and Jeong Ryeo-won Couple Special - Making Of
Misfire Motive Making Of
Comic Trio Making Of
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.