Screenplay by Shin A-ga (신아가)91min | Release date in South Korea : 2012/01/12
2011 ACF Post-production Fund
In this story of a middle-aged woman who is caught between her religious beliefs and reality, Hwang Jeong-min-I, who garnered rave reviews for her performance in [Save the Green Planet], succeeds in leaving a powerful impression as the leading character.
From the viewpoint of Christianity, the woman’s religious beliefs are unorthodox. So, she is unable to confidently express her convictions and just keeps them concealed like something unethical. Just like her beliefs, her reality is not so easy. Even though she seems to be the one who loves her mother the most, she is uncertain as to how long she should keep her comatose mother alive. When her beloved daughter and her son-in-law deceive her and side with aunts and uncle who want to cut her life short, she has no choice but to break down.
The film is not easy on the eye. Just like ‘a mink coat’ in the middle of the winter, it bears a lot of weight. Nevertheless, there exist universal aspects that cannot be overlooked. The universality of conflict, confrontation and reconciliation between the characters makes the heart ache. (JEON Chanil)
On the set video
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.