Directed by Yeon Sang-ho (연상호)
Screenplay by Yeon Sang-ho (연상호)97min | Release date in South Korea : 2011/11/03
"Hell, Two Lives", and "Love Is Protein" (from "Indie Anibox : Selma's Protein Coffee") director Yeon Sang-ho's first long animation, targeted to adults about the cruelty of reality and human nature.
Following on the success of "Leafie, A Hen Into The Wild", which broke the box office record for Korean animation, selling over 2 million tickets, "King of Pigs" offers yet another kind of meaningful film in Korean animation history. Director Yeon Sang-ho has worked on his own since 1998 and made this, his feature debut, with a budget of only $150,000. Unlike most commercial animated films, it targets strictly adults, being a cruel thriller about two middle school friends reunited 15 years after graduation. The film reveals a shocking story of bitter doom and gloom and the grim visual style goes with it. Voice actorsí performances and animation work are impressive. The film also casts a serious and critical view on social issues as well. It goes without saying that Pig characters are the personification of us in the modern society. (JEON Chanil)
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|Official Facebook Page|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week