Directed by Park Jeongsuk (박정숙)77min | Release date in South Korea : 2008/11/20
This documentary movie depicts the painful memory of the isolated people who were sent to Sorok-do (the small island in southwestern Korea) in 1930s. During the Japanese colonial period, people with leprosy were segregated on this island. Now, they fight against the Japanese government for the injustice and discrimination committed against them. The movie quietly suggests that their painful history is old but not gone. All ages are admitted.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|77 min •DV •4/3|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.