Directed by Oh Ki-hwan (오기환)110min | Release date in South Korea : 2001/03/24
Also known as "A Gift"
Yong-ki, an obscure comedian, has been married to Jung-yun for about three years. After the miscarriage of their awaited baby and difficult times, their relationship grows cool. They have not slept in the same bed for a while now. One day, after a near fiasco over paying con-men to get onto the "King of Comedy" show, Yong-ki is shocked to find out from that Jung-yun has a terminal disease. He agonizes after finally realizing the real reason for Jung-yun's coldness towards him. He struggles, having to pretend not to know about his wife's sickness. Then one day, he discovers Jung-yun's school yearbook while cleaning the house. He becomes determined to find her old friends, and, in particular, her first love, as his last present to her. Jung-yun, in the meantime, has been working on a project for her husband who will be left all alone, and she gets him on the show. While Yong-ki ceaselessly does one joke after another, Jung-yun gradually loses her strength. Yong-ki, watching his fading wife, grits his teeth and throws himself into his skit. They say their final farewell, surrounded by happy laughter...
International Film Festivals
2002 Focus on Asia Fukuoka International Film Festival
|Sidus FHN (싸이더스FHN)|
|Cinema Service (시네마서비스)|
|110 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.