Directed by Yoo Ji-tae (유지태)123min | Release date in South Korea : 2013/06/06
Actor Yoo Ji-tae’s directorial debut feature film is one part melodrama, one part comingof-age story about Soo-young, a miserable thirtysomething man and Mai-Ratima, a 22-year-old Thai girl who accepts a mail order marriage in order to realize her Korean Dream. Into their relationship comes Young-jin, a hostess, slowly turning it into a love triangle. As a director, Yoo has shown a willingness to make films that are warm and emotional as well as challenging and insightful. Here he depicts the process by which a couple deviates from the accepted rules of society and then endures a hostile reality as a result of their choices and finally find themselves more mature, complete individuals. Their growing pains are not purely their own; they are shared by all of us. There is certainly a kind of common bond. Yoo stated, “It describes Korean society just as it is,” and the trio’s situation as, “Something that all our society has to be concerned about.” Stars BAE Soo-bin and SO Yu-jin are astonishing in revelatory performances. (JEON Chanil)
Sneak Peek, Full Length Video
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.