Directed by Choi Ik-hwan (최익환)
Screenplay by Park Jeong-ye (박정예)110min | Release date in South Korea : 2011/06/01
Motherhood is a popular subject for many filmmakers, including director Choi Ik-hwan, who is making his directorial debut with this omnibus film.
The film consists of three stories about mothers and their children.
The first story is about a mother (Uhm Jung-hwa) who devotes her life to taking care of her son (Lee Hyeong-seok), who suffers from a chronic disease. When the son, who can barely walk, realizes his mother has also fallen ill, he decides to care for her as she has done for him.
The second story depicts the troubled relationship between a mother and daughter. The mother (musical theater actress Jeon Soo-kyeong), the top soprano in the nation, is far from a typical devoted Korean mother and always wants to be pampered. Her daughter (Ryoo Hyeon-kyeong), a high school dropout whose experience has been the opposite of her motherís, works as her manager. The two are always fighting and struggle to find a way to navigate their relationship.
The third episode centers upon a gangster (Yoo Hae-jin). When he hears that his mother (Kim Hae-sook) has been diagnosed with breast cancer, he strives to fulfill his motherís wish to reunite with her first love before she dies.
Audience Thumbs Up
Pink Generation Premiere
Send a Love Letter to my Mom
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.