Directed by Baek Seung-bin (백승빈)
Screenplay by Baek Seung-bin (백승빈)99min | Release date in South Korea : 2009/03/12
Seventeen-year-old Hee-joon is dead and a group of people are gathered at the funeral. By the way they refer to one another they are members of a family composed of father, mother, and daughter. They are also the leading characters in the novel that Hee-joon wrote before he died, and they have no idea what relationship one another had with the boy. Jun-gi, a middle aged trainer for a college basketball team, carries a dark secret and has queer relationships with his students. Jung-hee, a bizarre high school literature teacher who assigns her students to write their own will, dreams of becoming a mystery novelist like Agatha Christie. Ami, a high school student and an undertaker of five years, becomes Hee-joon’s friend after she sees the razor blade scars on his wrist. As Hee-joon spends time with each of the three family members, he completes his novel “Members of the Funeral”, and gives it as a gift to each of them before he
International Film Festivals
2009 Berlin International Film Festival , The International Forum of New Cinema
|CJ Entertainment (CJ Entertainment)|
|99 min •HD •Panoramic (1.85)|
|80,000,000 Won (~$US 60,000)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.