Directed by Jeon Kyu-hwan (전규환)90min | Release date in South Korea : 2011/09/15
Mozart Town should be Salzburg, but in this film it happens to be the capital of South Korea, Seoul. In the title, "Town" has more significance than Mozart, because the film is foremost about the city, and the interwoven lives of its denizens.
Young director Jeon Kyu-hwani's debut work is certainly his own unique vision. It's not a big-budget masterpiece done with expensive equipment, but instead offers a taste of the Korean film world, where glamour and major studios don't yet play a big role. What we can say of this film is that for the sake of keeping the city stories authentic, the actors are all amateurs.
One remarkably straightforward character is Ji-Won, who runs a small newspaper stand and whose hobby is to secretly photograph passersby. Also in town is the pianist Sara from Slovakia and the Africans Etoo and Ayo, who are engaged in earning illegal money.
The people of Mozart Town are rather sad and lonely, seeking their places in the world. But will they ever find them? In filming them, Jeon Kyu- Hwan has used simple methods which bring the sad notes of the city to the fore.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.